In the past month, there has been a virtual avalanche of resources providing guidance, resources, and quick tips for working from home, managing teams, and sustaining health and balance during this season of “Stay at Home.” This Q&A resource content provides guidance and tools to support Trojans so that we can all Keep Working effectively.
Managing Remote Teams
Team Productivity in Remote Work Environments
- Let your team members know that this is a challenging time of change for all of us with a demand for agility and flexibility on a daily basis. For many there may often be a need to adapt to changing circumstances at home daily, if not hourly, with regards to distractions popping up throughout the day. In navigating this dynamic environment, communication is key.
- Encourage your teams to update you as their timelines change or schedules are interrupted in a way that stalls progress substantially.
- Determine what works best for you and your team member in this respect. Try a daily check in or update via E-mail, Slack, a quick Zoom call, or MS Teams meeting mid-morning, or at the end of the day or perhaps a longer update at the start of a week or end of the week to update on progress and shift out deadlines accordingly. Try out various approaches to find the best fit.
- Offer flexible work hours that provide for regular breaks throughout the day to attend to personal matters at home. This may mean the traditional 8AM to 5PM schedule flexes more often than it is routine.
- Check out some of these external resources for additional ideas and guidance: